Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Cousins

Isaac asks me almost every day if we can take a plane back to California so he can play with his cousins again. It's pretty sad. His new thing is to draw an "X" on the extreme side of the paper and tell me that this is Connecticut and then draw another "X" on the farthest spot possible on the paper and tell me that that one is California.


It's probably going to be a LONG time before we can go back (maybe when we move) so it makes answering him even harder. It's hard to explain the concept, of time off, money, etc..... to a 5 year old. Still, I think he's getting it.


So, this post is to you, my beloved family. We miss you like crazy, wish we were there, the kids won't let us forget how much we stink as parents for having moved them here. I wish I could kiss all your cute kids faces until I was the annoying smoochy aunt.

We love you!

From left to right

Ansley, Logan, Claire, Madeleine, Isaac, Lucy, and Elise

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awwwww I know we aren't related but I wish you guys could visit too. Now I feel guilty for complaining to Susan that she moved to New Mexico :)

Stephanie Ryan said...

Well we won't see each-other much over the next few years but after that, our kids will just be inseperable. You may find yourself missing the distance between us on occassion. At present you are all missed by us westerners as well.

Gill Dockstader said...

You'll be back soon! I'm excited to go house hunting with you!

Paul and April said...

Jen! It's great to hear from you. Your kids look adorable and your cousin picture is super cute. It looks like you guys are doing well back there on the east side of life. Keep in touch and it's great to have your blog now!

Sarah Walton said...

Jen, this picture is adorable! cute outfits and cute kids! hope you guys are doing well!

Grandmotherfairy said...

What a darling picture...we can't wait until you move back home for good!!!!!! Post some pictures of your mom and all the fun you are having!!!

Lanes said...

Look how cute and big your kids have gotten. We totally understand, it's hard to be away from family! Hope you guys are doing well though.